Anne Lorys Photography on Facebook

Friday, October 2, 2009

More Warrenton goodies, and the kitchen sink...


Well, not literally the kitchen sink.
But I'm sorta using this post as a catch-all
for several things buzzing through my mind tonight.


It's my dutiful and longsuffering husband fixing up 
my newly refinished dresser...that I painted and tea-stained all by myself! 
Supervision provided by the cat as per usual.

 I'm going with using the cat picture as my lead photo, since:
1. Whenever I post a cat pic, y'all go nuts over 'em.
2. Vintage Sue, Version 2.0, my new Junkin BFF, loves cats.

Firstly, lookie loo at the most expensive thing I bought in Warrenton last Saturday!


Pictures hardly do this justice.
It's vintage French lace, and I'm going to be using it as a backdrop to cover up fugly pegboard.

All together now....ooooh, ahhhh


Look at my pups in the background acting like they're not at all impressed....


Okay, stay with me here, people. On to the next topic.

Here's my new business card holder for my booth....


It's a porcelain soap dish!

 



Cute, right?

Moving right along.

I debated about this last thing for a good long while.
I hate to offend, and I hate to seem ungrateful or unappreciative or just plain rude.
But I've decided to go with an award-free, tag-free blog.



There have been a handful of generous, thoughtful folks
who have given me these undeserved awards,
and I thank them from the bottom of my heart.
But I really, genuinely feel that I'm no better or smarter
or more talented than anyone else...that, and I'm afraid that given how
frantically busy I'm becoming, I still haven't given proper due
to the last couple of people who bestowed these on me.
And I'd hate to appear to just be flat out ignoring someone. That's all. Let's hug it out, k?

And now back to work.
Must start packing up my breakables
for the booth move Saturday morning.
Holy cannoli, that's tomorrow!!!!

8 comments:

sue said...

Can't wait to see pix of the booth! Thanks for the shoutout, and for the record, ladies, she's making fun of me. I am NOT a cat fan. Show those puppies!

P.S. I'm ad/tag/badge-free too, for the same reasons.

Anonymous said...

Hey Annie:
I'm alive but just as you super busy. Have been following your progress(labor pains) as you give birth to one of your dreams. Love the Roundtop posts, can you believe I missed it. It's just an hour and some from my part os town. I discover something else we have in common, VintageSue. I LOVE HER. You have just met the MOST talented, funny and down to earth girl.She used to live down the street, now all is left is a cult following croud that comes to my shop for some kind of fix. Hope your grand opening is all you dream it to be. We are having one in town today. Junk is hot right now so lets be blessed and prosperous. Blessings, Marta.

Anonymous said...

I understand about the award free thing. It's nice but it gets hard to keep up with it, especially as you begin to get more and more followers. That lace is beautiful! Let us know how the moves goes tomorrow.
Michelle

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

dresser looks good! love the lace! cool business card holder.
thinking of you, hoping all goes well this weekend. I can't wait to see pictures!
gail

Faded Charm said...

Thanks so much for all your kind words. congrats on your own space and I can't wait to see pics. Also, so jealous you got to go to all the fun last week. I;m really going to try to get there this Spring. Wish me luck.

Enjoy your weekend.

Kathleen

Free Art Printables said...

That lace is beautiful and I looooooove that soap dish!

jvw home said...

Is Warrenton already in swing?? I thought it was the 24th wknd?
Or did you buy from the cute stores there?

jvw home said...

p.s. the lace is gorgeous!!


Related Posts with Thumbnails