Anne Lorys Photography on Facebook

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Second Chances


Just yesterday, I started to think about a post
I had written awhile back.
I'm not sure why, but it just seemed as though
it was speaking to me at this particular
stage of my journey.
I went and looked it up on my blog list this morning,
and I had originally posted it
EXACTLY ONE YEAR AGO TODAY.
Whoa.
Sharing it again today, as maybe
it will speak to you, too.
Happy Sunday.

Remember when you were a kid,
and you'd either be playing a game, or just doing
some random thing, and you'd call a "do-over"?



And just like that, you would begin again.
Oblivious and impervious to what had happened before,
a giant cosmic eraser would swoop down
and wipe the slate clean.

Ahhh, that life were only that simple.




In antiquing circles, there is a healthy market
for do-overs.





We routinely recycle, re-use, repurpose...
it is our mantra, our avocation.




But as it applies to life. Real life?
Not that simple.




Which got me thinking,
is there any place or time in my life
where I'd like to call a "do-over"?

How about you?




Would you have married later?
Or perhaps not at all?




Would you have majored in business
rather than education?




 Or would you have swerved left
instead of right on a particular patch of road?




So many questions,
so many choices.





The easy answer is of course, with all the mistakes I have made,
a do-over would be a no-brainer.
A chance to re-write the past and save myself a whole lot
of grief and heartache.

But the truth is that no, I wouldn't choose the easy out, the do-over.
And you know why?




He Is Risen.
Yes He is.

This photo, as well as every other photo in this post
was taken at my friend Carol's shop,

The Bolton's live out the gospel of Christ in their lives
every single day, and clinging to that hope...the positive belief
that He is indeed risen, compels one to also believe
that nothing happens by accident.

That every so-called misdeed and misstep is all part
of His plan, and is somehow, someway, 
all part of the bigger picture.

As wretched, fallible humans, we will muck it all up undoubtedly,
but Someone else has our back, thank goodness.

He will deal with us.
He will teach us.
He will correct us.

A do-over?
No thanks, I'll take a pass.





This is a comment-free blog
but please come visit me here...



Related Posts with Thumbnails